DISCLAIMER: The mod here ONLY adds 20 keybindings (5 for normal mod, 5 for lobby, 5 for dying mode, 5 for spectator) and moves quick save to F6 to make space in single player. Those are the ONLY changes - they make ZERO impact on gameplay and offer you ZERO advantages over other players.
This is a quick and dirty guide. If you don't know what I'm talking about you probably shouldn't be messing with these files.
Parts of this guide were copied from me3tweaks.blogspot.com, used with permission.
Update: FemShep has tweaked this and included it in Mod Pack 1: http://me3tweaks.blogspot.com/2012/06/list-of-me3cmm-mods.html
OverviewGet the mod and mod manager here: http://me3tweaks.blogspot.com/p/mod-manager-links.html
Mod Manager backs up your Coalesced.bin the first time you try to apply a mod, and it also checks the file to make sure it is indeed the original. If you need the original again, you can find a link to it in the FAQ below. If you plan on deleting this application you should restore your coalesced before you do so.
If you want to edit the lines you can say, use a guide like the keybindings changer (google it) or follow the advanced guide on FemShep's blog at ME3Tweaks and find the bioinput section.
System RequirementsWindows XP, Vista, 7, 8 - 32/64 bit is fine
Mass Effect 3 installed (1.03 or higher)
Java 7 (1.7) Update 21 or higher
- FemShep's Version (improved on my version) [Mod Pack 1]
- Removed link to my version
Directions1. Unpack the Zip file you download to it's own folder. It should contain at the minimum:
- <folders of mods you wish to use>
2. Right click ME3CMM.exe and do 'Run As Administrator' (Windows Vista/7) if your game is installed to the default directory.
3. In the "CookedPCConsole Directory" field, click "Browse", and navigate into your CookedPCConsole directory. It is typically located:
- C:\Program Files\Origin Games\Mass Effect 3\BIOGame\CookedPCConsole
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Mass Effect 3\BIOGame\CookedPCConsole
Make sure you navigate into the directory. It should be empty when you open are in that folder. Click "Open".
4. Click Yes if this is where you will always keep your game's Coalesced (Other uses are mainly for testing).
5. Select your mod on the left, and click "Apply". It will make a backup of your Coalseced file if the hash of it matches the original. Otherwise, it will prompt to you to continue the installation. See the authors site of Mod Manager to get a copy of the original Coalesced if you lose it.
6. Click "Start Game" once the mod installs (Version 1.1 and above)
Frequently Asked QuestionsQ: Will I get banned for using this mod?
A: You shouldn't be. This mod does not add any benefits to the user beyond a few added keymaps that give you no leverage in game. Spamming them may be considered griefing.
Q: I installed a mod, but it doesn't seem to be doing anything. What's wrong?
A: If you're playing Multiplayer, you need to be the host. Clients don't control the game. If you're playing Single Player, you'll need to contact your mod developer.
Q: I can't install a mod. It always shows an error message with return code 4. How do I fix this?
A: Most likely you'll need to run the program as administrator. Right click the ME3CMM.exe file and do run as administrator. If you always want to run it as an administrator do it as follows:
Right click the executable and click Properties.
Q: I want to go back to my original Coalesced mode so I can play some public matches. How do I do that?
A: When you apply your first mod, a backup copy of Coalesced.bin is stored in the program directory as Coalesced.original. If you use the Actions->Restore Original Coalesced option, it will restore your original Coalseced. If for some reason that file is gone, you can visit http://me3tweaks.blogspot.com to get a new copy in the FAQ section of the original release.
Q: I installed a mod, but the old Coalesced is still active. How do I make the new one work?
A: The game needs to be restarted in order to reload Coalesced.bin.